Students who are new to the Mukilteo School District must register at the school that serves their residence. If you are uncertain which school your child should attend, please check the district Attendance Boundaries webpage or call the school district at 425-356-1274.
If a student attended a Mukilteo school last year and has moved out of that school’s attendance area or out of the district, but wants to continue attending that school, the parent/guardian must complete an In-District Transfer Request or an Nonresident Choice Transfer Request in order to be considered to be a continuing student at their current school of choice.
See the kindergarten, elementary, middle, and high school registration pages to learn specifics to register your child for school.
General Registration Information
If you reside within the Mukilteo School District boundaries and would like to register your child at a school in our district, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Verification of your child’s birth date
Birth certificate, passport, or document from the doctor’s office showing your child’s birth date.
A list of dates and immunizations that your child has received.
- Verification of address
A purchase or lease agreement, or a current utility bill showing your name and address within the service area of the school where you are registering.
- Names and phone numbers of 2 emergency contacts
These should be people who the school would contact in an emergency or if your child gets sick at school and we are unable to reach you.
For high school only, you will also need:
- An unofficial transcript and withdraw grades (First semester 9th graders must provide their last progress report or report card)
If the previous school will not provide you with a transcript or you do not have the last report card, enrollment may be delayed until it is received.
- ACES High School is a choice high school within the Mukilteo School District for students entering or in grades 10-12+. There is an application process for ACES High School in addition to registration.
- KINDERGARTEN: The state requires your child to be 5 years old by August 31st to attend Kindergarten the following September.