School Transfers

  • In-District Attendance Area Transfers

    Each student in the district is required to attend the school designated for the geographic attendance area in which he or she resides.

    A parent or guardian may request that his or her child be allowed to attend another school in the district. Transfer requests must be submitted, in writing, to the Director of Student Services.

    Admission of Nonresident Student

    Applicants for admission to the Mukilteo School District must apply for a Choice Transfer Release Request from the district in which they live, and include a full explanation of conditions warranting consideration for admission and appropriate documentation. The releaseing district will submit the request to the Mukilteo School District through the Choice Transfer OSPI electronic submission system. Requests for schools at full capacity, as designated by the Superintendent, will not be considered.

    If the Transfer Request is approved, the parent/guardian(s) will be responsible for transportation and must ensure prompt and regular attendance by their child in accordance with compulsory attendance laws and District policies.

    Release of a Resident Student

    A parent/guardian shall request the release of his/her child by completing the Mukilteo School District Choice Transfer Release Request form, including the basis for the request. The Choice Transfer Request is to be forwarded to the Director of Student Services and Athletics of the Mukilteo School District for consideration. The determination of approval is to be based on criteria specified in Board Policy 3141. If approved (for release from the Mukilteo School District), the Mukilteo School District will enter the Choice Transfer Request into the Choice Transfer OSPI electronic submission system, pending a decision (from the requested district). 

School Transfer Documents