Summer School Announcements
FREE SUMMER MEALS
Free meals available for any child through age 18! Families may pick up weekly meal kits. Order ahead to help us ensure we prepare enough for everyone who needs one. Menus and the pre-order link can be found on the Nutrition Services webpage.
Locations and times:
Weekly meal kits, Wednesdays, June 23 through July 25
- Voyager Middle School: Wed – 12:30 to 2 p.m.
- Harbour Pointe Middle School: Wed – 12:30 to 2 p.m.
- Mobile route (Vantage Apartments): Wed – 10 to 11 a.m.
Summer School: General Information
Mukilteo School District will offer summer school for currently enrolled students in grades K-12.
Summer school will be held July 6-30, 2021.
Elementary Summer School (grades K-5) will be held at Challenger Elementary School from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. In-person learning will be Monday through Friday.
Secondary Summer School (grades 6-12) will be held at Voyager Middle School. Middle school students will attend from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Middle school summer school is open to anyone who wished to attend. In-person learning will be on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Asynchronous learning will be on Wednesdays.
High school students will attend from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. In-person learning will be on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Asynchronous learning will be on Wednesdays. High school Credit Retrieval/PLATO classes will be fully remote with students having access to teachers during office hours. High School summer school is designed for those students who are behind in credit toward graduation and thus are deemed credit deficient. Any student, grades 8-12 may enroll in Elite Fitness regardless of credit standing.
Students will need to be available to engage with their teachers and classmates during these hours of instruction. Attendance is vitally important. Students may miss up to three days of summer school or they will be disenrolled from the program with loss of credit if seeking high school credit.
Limited bus transportation will be available at both sites.
Enrollment is now closed.
- K-4 – Skill building and maintenance in Reading and Math with emphasis on Growth Mindset and Social-Emotional learning. Summer school will also include engaging STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math), project based learning, virtual field trips and assemblies and fitness.
- Introduction to Middle School (current 5th grade) – In addition to the K-4 program, students will develop skills necessary to make a smooth transition to middle school.
- 6th/7th grade – Integrated Block - skill building and maintenance in Reading and Math
- 8th grade options - Current 8th grade students may enroll in oneof the following courses and if the course is successfully completed, 0.50 elective HS credit will be earned:
- Integrated Block Class - designed for students who may want extra support in Math and English so they can successfully transition into the high school
- Introduction to HS (Kamiak or Mariner) - designed for students who may be nervous about going to high school, want to be better prepared, better engaged, meet new people, etc.
- WA State History - for 8th grade students who have not met this graduation requirement
- Elite Fitness – for students who want to stay physically fit over the summer
- High School options - Current high school students in grades 9-12 may enroll in the following courses:
- Classroom based instruction - teacher directed courses in Algebra, Geometry, English, Health, Physical Science or WA State History. Designed for students who failed one semester and need credit retrieval. If the course is successfully completed, students will earn 0.50 content specific credit. Courses will be graded Pass (P) or No Credit (NC)
- PLATO/Credit Retrieval - Designed for students who are credit deficient and in need of credit to graduate. Students work independently on computer-based courses with teacher support. Students can take up to two 0.50 credit courses but must complete one before starting the second course. Students will earn content specific credit and/or elective credit. Courses will be graded A, B, C, D, NC, or I
- Elite Fitness – designed for any student who wished to stay physically fit over the summer. Student will earn .50 PE credit if successfully complete the course. Course will be graded Pass (P) or No Credit (NC).
Students must engage and actively participate with their teacher and program to remain in the program. Students who do not engage will be withdrawn with no credit.
Students who engage in any form of Academic Dishonesty (cheating, plagiarism, copying, submitting someone else's work as their own) will be withdrawn with no credit.
Summer School Contacts
Elementary Summer School Contacts
Secondary Summer School Contacts
Coordinator – Keira Anderson
Coordinator – Annamarie Jordan
EL Facilitator – Jennifer Caione
EL Facilitator – Jennifer Caione
Admin Assistant - Tammy Bailey
Summer School at Challenger ES
Phone Number 425-366-2590
Admin Assistant – Kim Freeman
Summer School at Voyager MS
Phone Number 425-366-5390
District Summer School Contacts
Director – Beth C. VanderVeen