Sno-Isle Skills Tech Center
Interested sophomores and juniors can apply for Sno-Isle in February each year. Below is the timeline for obtaining information and applying to Sno-Isle.
- Late January, attend an information session at Kamiak.
- Early February attend the Sno-Isle Open House @ Sno-Isle Skills Center (9001 Airport Road, Everett, WA 98204).
- Applications available online at http://www.snoisletech.com/ on the same night as the open house.
- Priority application deadline is late February.
- Early March, Sno-Isle interviews held @ Sno-Isle Skills Center (signed parent permission slips will be required).
Times are approximate. Students should be at the bus stop 5 minutes early to avoid missing the bus.
AM Sno-Isle Students
AM Sno-Isle students MUST check in with Attendance upon your arrival back at Kamiak.
Departs Kamiak 7:20 AM
Departs Sno-Isle 10:30 AM Arrives back at Kamiak 10:40 AM
PM Sno-Isle Students
PM Sno-Isle students eat lunch right AFTER 3rd Period.
Departs Kamiak 10:45 AM
Departs Sno-Isle 1:45 PM Arrives back at Kamiak 2:00 PM
Can students drive to Sno-Isle from Kamiak?
You may drive to Sno-Isle ONLY if you have a Sno-Isle parking pass. Students interested in driving to Sno-Isle may apply for a parking permit from Sno-Isle during the first week of classes. Sno-Isle parking permits are limited and there MUST be an extreme need for you to drive to/from Sno-Isle. If approved for a parking permit, YOU may drive yourself, not your friends, to/from Sno-Isle.
If you miss the bus to Kamiak or Sno-Isle
If a parent or guardian is available to provide transportation, you may call them for a ride. Make sure to call Sno-Isle so that they are aware you will be late.
If a parent/guardian is unable to transport you, then inform the Attendance Office at the school where you are "stuck". If you are at Kamiak, you will check into the Career & College Readiness Center OR the library to study until it is time to go home.
Make sure a parent/guardian calls the school where you were supposed to be and lets them know that you missed the bus and are on the other school campus.
ALL Sno-Isle attendance issues are handled through the Sno-Isle Attendance Office.
Students on Kamiak’s campus during what would be their Sno-Isle class time MUST check in with the Kamiak Attendance Office. Students may then report to the Career & College Readiness Center or Library to study.
Kamiak Attendance Office
Sno-Isle Attendance Office
General attendance information
- ALL Sno-Isle attendance issues are handled through the Sno-Isle attendance office.
- Missing Kamiak or Sno-Isle classes for a school related activity? Fill out a sending School Activity Form!
NOTE: You MUST complete this form at least 1 day before the KA or Sno-Isle activity happens. The form must be signed by Ms. Johns (in the CCRC) and your Sno-Isle Instructors. You will need to give a copy to both attendance offices.
- If you are absent, your parent/guardian must provide a note or phone call to both schools excusing your absence.
- Attendance appeals for Sno-Isle are handled through the main office at Sno-Isle - this occurs after you have missed 10 days at Sno-Isle.
Leaving campus before the end of the school day?
- If you are ill - go to the nurse's office on the campus you are at and then arrange for a ride.
- If a parent/guardian is picking you up, they must go to the main office (Sno-Isle) or attendance office (KA) to have someone send a pass for you. Please do not have your parent/guardian pick you up in class.
Always have a parent/guardian communicate with the attendance office at either or both schools - depending on where you missed class.
What Happens on Early Release Fridays?
Fridays in the Mukilteo School District are Learning Improvement Days and students are released from classes at 12:45pm.
- AM Sno-Isle students must sign into Kamiak attendance office upon their arrival back to campus and head directly to their 4th period class.
- PM Sno-Isle students, at the end of 3rd period (9:48am), please head to the East Campus Multipurpose Room (MPR) and sign in with security. Students will be expected stay together in East Campus MPR Commons during 4th period and will be dismissed for lunch at 10:30am. Students will return to Kamiak in time for 12:45pm dismissal.
Where Do Sno-Isle Students Go During a Fire Drill?
If you have a 3rd period at Kamiak:
- Let your 3rd period teacher know that you are a Sno-Isle student at the beginning of the year
- During any drill or evacuation meet up with your 3rd period Kamiak teacher on the football field.
If you are at Sno-Isle in the AM - during fire drills report to the bleachers near the 50 yard line.