Limited Transportation Routes
Weather conditions can cause changes in school times or the cancelation of school altogether.
Below are the changes that will occur to the Mukilteo School District's bus routes if "Limited Bus Transportation" is put into effect during the school year. The list gives the location of alternative stops by affected areas in the event snow and/or ice is on the roadways. If your bus stop is not listed below, your stop will remain the same during "Limited Bus Transportation."
If you feel the weather is questionable, there are several things you can do to find out whether there is "Limited Bus Transportation," whether schools are starting late, or whether the Mukilteo schools are closed on a particular school day.
Listen to local radio and television stations:
Listen in the early morning and throughout the day if the road conditions are questionable.
Here are a few radio stations that provide regular reports:
KRKO (1380 AM), KIRO (97.3 FM), or KOMO (1000 AM).
As for TV stations, watch the morning news on:
KOMO (Channel 4), KING (Channel 5), KIRO (Channel 7), or KCPQ (Channel 13). The number of your school's 24-hour information line is listed at the back of the Mukilteo School District's current wall calendar. Call the number, press 9, and you will hear a recorded message that provides a report on the status of school for that day. The message will normally be updated by 5:15 a.m.
Check the district website:
The status of all local schools is listed each morning on the district home page in the News section.
If no report is given for Mukilteo schools, it means school is operating on its normal schedule.
Stops not listed will be the same as normal.
Once snow routes are declared, they will stay in place throughout the day.
Alternate stops apply to morning, afternoon, and after-school activities, as long as "Limited Bus Transportation" is in effect.
When buses are running "Two Hours Late" there will be no morning half-day programs.
If "Limited Bus Transportation" is in effect, students will be picked up at these alternative bus stops:
Limited transportation routes map (pdf, 6 MB)
NORTH OF PAINE FIELD:
- Students in the Ocean Avenue area will be picked up on Mukilteo Blvd. at Ocean Avenue.
- Students in the Stratton Hills area will be picked up on 60th Street W at 23rd Drive W.
- Students in the Deer Ridge area will be picked up on Merrill Creek Pkwy. at 13th Avenue W.
- Students who live in Hearthstone, Millington and The Greens will be picked up at 1707 Merrill Creek Parkway.
EAST OF PAINE FIELD:
- Students in the vicinity of Upper Ridge Road and Veralene Way will be picked up on Hardeson Road at Veralene Way or on Hardeson Road at Upper Ridge Road.
- Students in the Hollowdale Place area will be picked up on 108th Street SW at Hollowdale Place or on Paine Field Way at Hollowdale Place.
SOUTHEAST OF PAINE FIELD:
- Students in the Elgin Way/126th Street SE area (east of the freeway) will be picked up @ 118th Pl SE & 10th Dr SE or Waltham Dr & 126th St SE or 3rd Ave SE & 126th St SE.
- Students in the Cascadian Way/Meadow Rd north of 140th St SW will be picked up 137th Street SW @ Meridian or Meadow Pl SE at Cascadian Way.
- Students in the Cascadian Way/Meadow Rd south of 140th St SW will be picked up at Martha Lake Airport Park on 146th St. SW, Meadow Road @ 145th Pl or 143rd St SW @ 4th Pl W.
- Students in the Lake Stickney Drive loop area will be picked up on Jefferson Way at 20th Place W, at Odyssey Elementary, or on Ash Way at 12th Place W.
- Students on Jefferson Way south of 141st will be picked up on Madison Way at Jefferson Way.
- Students on 150th Street SW and 19th Avenue W will be picked up on Madison Way at 150th Street SW.
SOUTH OF PAINE FIELD:
- Students near 148th Street SW, east of Hwy 99 S, from 30th to 35th Ave W will be picked up on 35th Ave W at 148th St SW.
- Students on Lincoln Way east of Hwy 99 S, will be picked up at the Swift bus pull-out on Hwy 99 S at Lincoln Way.
- Students on Admiralty Way, between 148th St SW and Lincoln Way will be picked up on Manor Way at 141St Pl SW and at Manor Way at 143rd St SW
- Students on Admiralty Way, north of Lincoln Way, and on 136th St SW, will be picked up at Manor Way at 136th St SW.
- Students in the Russell Way area will be picked up on Mukilteo Speedway at CT stop just south of Russell or on Alexander Road.
- Students in the York Road area will be picked up on Beverly Park Road at York Road or on Alexander Road at York Road.
- Students in the Possession Bay and Faire Harbour area will be picked up at CT bus pull-out on Beverly Park Road at Harbour Heights Drive..
SOUTHWEST OF PAINE FIELD:
- Students in the Norma Beach Road and Soundview Hills area will be picked up on 60th Avenue W at 147th Street SW.
- Students in the Wood Sound and Wind Sound areas, as well as the Picnic Point Estates area in the vicinity of 137th Place SW and 65th Avenue W, will be picked up at Picnic Point Elementary.
- Students in the Regatta Estates, Wind'n tide, Puget Sound Blvd. and Possession Lane areas will be picked up on 140th Street SW at Picnic Point Road.
- Students in the Wingate area will be picked up on 140th Street SW at 48th Avenue W or on 140th Street SW at 54th Avenue W.
WEST OF PAINE FIELD:
- Students in the Cyrus Way area will be picked up at Harbour Pointe Kids on Mukilteo Speedway, or on Harbour Pointe Blvd. at Cyprus Way.
- Students near Harbour Heights Parkway, St. Andrews Drive, One Club House Lane, and Double Eagle Drive will be picked up at CT stops on Harbour Pointe Blvd.
- Students east of the Mukilteo Speedway between Paine Field Blvd. and the Speedway will be picked up at the CT stop on the Mukilteo Speedway just north of 92nd St SW.
- Students south of 84th Street SW and 53rd Avenue W area will be picked up at the CT stop in front of the 7-Eleven store on Mukilteo Speedway at 84th Street SW or/and Mukilteo Speedway just south of 88th St SW.
- Students in the Chennault Beach area will be picked up on Chennault Beach Road at 56th Avenue W.
- Students in the Olympus Terrace area will be picked up on the Mukilteo Speedway at just south of 92nd St SW at the CT bus pull-out.
- Students attending Mukilteo Elementary north of 84th St SW to 81PL SW and West of Mukilteo Speedway will not have bus service.
- Students attending Mukilteo Elementary north of Goat Trail Rd. and east of 8th Dr. including Hidden Pointe neighborhood will not have bus service.
- Students in the Elliot Point and Goat Trail Road areas will be picked up on Mukilteo Speedway at Goat Trail Road or at Olympic View MS.
Buses will not be able to enter apartment complexes. Transportation staff will provide families with alternative stop locations and times.
OUT OF DISTRICT:
Students who attend school at other districts will not have transportation if either school's district is canceled or on limited transportation.