Registration Overview

  • Welcome to the Mukilteo School District! We are excited to serve your students. 

    Students who are NEW to the Mukilteo School District, including incoming kindergarten students, must register at the school that serves their residence. If you are uncertain which school your child should attend, please check the district Attendance Boundaries or call the school district at 425-356-1274. 

    If a student attended a Mukilteo school last year and has moved out of that school’s attendance area or out of the district, but wants to continue attending that school, the parent/guardian must complete an In-District Transfer Request or an Nonresident Choice Transfer Request in order to be considered to be a continuing student at their current school of choice.

    See the kindergarten and 2023-2024 registration pages to learn specifics about registering your child for school.

    **Current students do not need to re-enroll, they will automatically be enrolled for the next school year.

General Registration Information

  • If you reside within the Mukilteo School District boundaries and would like to register your child at a school in our district, you will need to provide the following documents:

    • Verification of your child’s birth date

    Birth certificate, passport, or document from the doctor’s office showing your child’s birth date and legal name. Washington State requires children to be 5 years old by August 31st to attend Kindergarten the following September.

    • Immunizations

    The CIS (Certificate of Immunization Status). It needs to be medically verified and signed by the parent/guardian.

    • Verification/Proof of address

    A purchase or lease agreement, or a current utility bill showing your name and address within the service area of the school where you are registering. Please note: we cannot accept bills like wireless phone or the internet as this is not something that can be definitely associated with the service address.

    • Names and phone numbers of 2 emergency contacts

    These should be people who the school would contact in an emergency or if your child gets sick at school and we are unable to reach you.

    For high school only, you will also need:

    • An unofficial transcript and withdraw grades (First semester 9th graders must provide their last progress report or report card)

    If the previous school will not provide you with a transcript or you do not have the last report card, enrollment may be delayed until it is received.


    • ACES High School is a choice high school within the Mukilteo School District for students entering or in grades 10-12+. There is an application process for ACES High School in addition to registration.
    • KINDERGARTEN: WA State requires your child to be 5 years old by August 31st to attend Kindergarten the following September.