Effective Monday, March 16, 2020, anyone who signs up for Internet Essentials will receive two free months of Internet service. We are also increasing the speed of the program to 25 Mbps downloads, and 3 Mbps uploads for all new and existing customers.
After your first two free months expire, you can either cancel the service (which you can do at any time) or keep it as a regular paying Internet Essentials customer. You will receive an easy to use self-install-kit that includes a cable modem (to receive service at your home) with a WiFi router (to connect your devices without wires). There is no term contract or credit check and no shipping fee for equipment.
SNOHOMISH COUNTY P.U.D.
The PUD wants to help each customer with his/her individual needs. Any customer in need can call PUD Customer Service at 425-783-1000 and representatives can help make payment arrangements. The PUD will not disconnect customers for late payment at this time but advises customers to continue regular payments to avoid falling behind. The PUD offers discount programs for income-qualified customers. These programs include provisions to help in situations of sudden job loss.
Puget Sound Energy
As a provider of an essential service, we are working to ensure we are here for our customers, our community and our employees as coronavirus impacts the region.
We know some of our business and residential customers might be worried about paying their bills. Here are measurable actions we’ve taken on behalf of our customers:
- PSE will not be disconnecting customers during this time.
- PSE received approval from the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission for a waiver that allows PSE to waive late fees.
- PSE will work with our customers on options such as payment plans and choosing a new bill due date.
- PSE launched a new energy assistance portal to improve access to funds available to low income customers.
- In order to help our community partners, the PSE Foundation, which is a nonprofit entity operating independently of PSE but helps the communities PSE serves, is donating $250,000 to support relief efforts in the community through the Seattle Foundation as well as donating to foodbanks to cover emergency preparations.