Our goal is to ensure that every student is present, engaged, and supported every day. Attending school on a regular basis sets your child up for success! If your child must miss class, make sure you report every absence to the school. You will receive attendance notifications each day your child is not present if you haven’t notified the school about an absence by 10 am. Mukilteo School District requires all absences to be reported to the office within 48 hours of each absence.
How do I report an absence?
Parents/guardians are required to contact the Pathfinder attendance line at (425) 366-3805 by 10 am . Please include your child’s name, teacher’s name, date of absence, reason for the absence, and parent’s name.
School attendance is recognized as a right and responsibility of all students and parents/guardians in the Mukilteo School District. Daily attendance is required in accordance with State law and School Board policy.
Students will be officially excused from a school day for the following reasons (authorized absences):
- Family emergency
- Doctor or dentist appointment
- Religious or cultural purposes
- Court, judicial proceeding
- Deployment activities
- Classroom or school activities
- Temporary absences, up to five days in a school year, excused upon the request of a parent/guardian and agreed upon with the Dean of Students, provided that such excused absences shall not be permitted if deemed to cause a serious adverse effect upon the student's educational progress. A Pre-Arranged Absence form must be submitted and approved 1 week BEFORE the absences occur. The form can be found here: Elementary Pre-Arranged Absence Form.
State law requires that schools take steps to insure students are in school. If students are unexcused or truant from school, the school must take action in accordance with Washington State Law. We ask that parents stress the importance of school attendance and make every effort to avoid scheduling appointments or other activities that conflict with school hours. Family vacations should be scheduled to align with the district’s vacation schedule. The Mukilteo School District does not consider vacations as an excused absence.