Olivia Park Elementary Library Curbside Service
What is it? & Who can participate?
- Starting this Thursday, October 1st, we will be offering library curbside service at Olivia Park. All students will be allowed to have 4 books checked out at a time. Everyone can participate by following these steps:
- Step 1: If your child is in grades K-2, make sure your child fill outs the correct book request form (linked below and located in the library Schoology course) by 12:00 pm the day before their scheduled pick-up date. If your child is in grades 3-5, they have two options for requesting books. They can place a hold on books in the Destiny library catalog OR fill out a book request form (linked below and located in the library Schoology course).
- Step 2: On your child’s pick-up date, please walk up or drive up to our library between the hours of 2:00pm and 4:00pm. Do not forget to wear your mask!
- Step 3: We will hand you your child’s books.
When is my child’s pick-up date?
- October 1st: students with the last names A-M
- October 8th: students with the last names N-Z
- October 15th: students with the last names A-M
- October 22nd: students with the last names N-Z
- October 29th : students with the last names A-M
- Students will continue to come every other week according to last names, for a two-week checkout period.
Where does my child pick-up the books?
- Drive or walk through the Olivia Park parent pick-up loop to pick-up/drop-off library books.
- It is the same route used to pick up supplies monthly.
- Library staff will be outside to greet you and hand you your child’s books.
How will my child request their books?
- K-2 students will fill out a book request form by Wednesday at 12:00pm the day before their pick-up date.
- 3-5 students will place a hold on books in Destiny library catalog OR fill out a book request form by Wednesday the day before their pick-up date.
How will my child return their books?
- Return your child’s library books at their next curbside pick-up date.
- Please also remember to return any overdue books that your child may have. We will place reminder notes in your child’s book bag about overdue books. They can also check their library accounts for information on lost, overdue, and/or currently checked-out books. After October 8th, in order to check-out new books, students must not have overdue books.
What safety measures are in place?
- Library staff will wear masks and gloves whenever they are interacting with books or people.
- Returned books will be quarantined for at least 96 hours before they are available to be checked-out by another patron.
- Books will be handed to you in a sealed plastic bag. We are asking you return the library books using the same plastic bag given to you at pick-up. Your child will receive a new plastic bag at their next pick-up date.
- Please remain in your cars during pick-up/drop-off.
- Social distancing protocols will be in place.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Ms. Le at email@example.com.