Harassment, Intimidation & Bullying
Fairmount is committed to a safe and civil educational environment for all students that is free from harassment, intimidation, or bullying (HIB).
"Harassment, intimidation or bullying" means any intentionally written message or image — including those that are electronically transmitted, — a verbal, or physical act, including, but not limited to, one shown to be motivated by any characteristic in 28A.640.010 and 28A.642.010, or other distinguishing characteristics, when an act:
- Physically harms a student or damages the student's property; or
- Has the effect of substantially interfering with a student's education; or
- Is so severe, persistent, or pervasive that it creates an intimidating or threatening educational environment; or
- Has the effect of substantially disrupting the orderly operation of the school
Locked External Doors
For staff and student safety, all external doors will remain locked during business hours. If you need assistance, please call the front office at 425-366-2900.
Monthly Safety Drills
Each month a safety drill is conducted to give staff the opportunity to practice emergency protocols. The following drills are conducted throughout the school year:
- Fire: evacuate the building.
- Earthquake: drop, cover, hold on and evacuate the building.
- Lockout/Lockdown: Lock exterior and/or interior doors to avoid an outside threat.
- Shelter in Place: Remain secured indoors to protect against an environmental threat such as polluted air.