In-District Attendance Area Transfers
Each student in the district is required to attend the school designated for the geographic attendance area in which he or she resides.
A parent or guardian may request that his or her child be allowed to attend another school in the district. Transfer requests must be submitted, in writing, to the Director of Student Services.
If the Transfer Request is approved, the parent/guardian(s) will be responsible for transportation and must ensure promptand regular attendance by their child in accordance with compulsory attendance laws and District policies.
In-District Transfer Process
- Parents must register their student at their resident school pending approval of a Transfer Request. A Transfer Request will not be processed until the student has registered at his/her resident school.
- Transfer Requests to attend a school other than the student’s designated school shall be submitted, in writing, to the Student Services Office using the In-District Transfer Request Form.
- Transfer Requests will be accepted on the first student day of January for the next school year during normal business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for grades 1-12.
- Transfer Requests for elementary or middle school students will be notified no later than 7th day of school of the following school year.
- Transfer Requests for high school students will be notified no later than March 31st. Transfer Requests for high school students received after March 31st will be reviewed and notified no later than the 7th day of school of the following school year.
- New Transfer Requests for incoming Kindergarten students will be accepted on the first student Monday of April for the following school year during normal business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- New Transfer Requests received after the 7th day of school for the current school year will be reviewed throughout the year as needed until March 31st.
- No New Transfer Requests for the current school year will be accepted after March 31st unless there is a recent change in the student’s resident address.
- Parent/guardians will be notified regarding the status of their request via email, followed by a formal letter, outlining if their Transfer Request has been accepted or denied and the reasons for the decision.
Transfer Requests will be prioritized and reviewed in the order received by the Student Services Office for the building requested. The primary consideration in reviewing a Transfer Request is space and overcrowding. If space is not available, the Transfer Request will be denied.
NEW In-District Transfer Requests (Timeline)
- Grades 1-12: First Student Day in January - NEW in-district Transfer Requests will be accepted in the District Office for incoming grades 1-12. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Kindergarten: First Student Monday in April - In-district Transfer Requests for Kindergarten will be accepted in the District Office. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Grades 6 and 9: Students entering grades 6 and 9 must complete a NEW in-district Transfer Request if they desire to attend a school other than their school of residence.