Phone: 425 366 3300
Degrees and Certifications:
Elementary Education K-8 Early Childhood Education P-3 Reading K-12 ELL/ESL K-12
Mrs. Kristy Chism
I have been teaching since 1999. I have taught adults, college, high school, middle school, pre school and elementary in multiple locations around Washington state. I graduated from Central Washington University with a degree in elementary education and early childhood education. I continued my education from City University and got my Masters in Reading and a English as a Second Language endorsement.
I have 2 children, a black lab, and have been married for 22 years.
I enjoy Reading, the warm sun, College FOOTBALL, Seahawks, College Basketball, and baking.
There is no assigned homework that will come home. Your student should be practicing Reading and Math daily. If you see work coming home, your student is not using classroom time wisely to get their work done.
READING- Use home books until Book Bags come home. Book Bags at your students level come home in October.
1. Read just right books- no more than 5 errors-
20 minutes to Maintain Reading level
30-40 minutes to Increase Reading level
2. BOOK BAGS- Book Bags are at your students level. They are 3-4 books that your student should be able to read independently without help. Your student needs to read them aloud 3-4 times with NO mistakes. They also need to know:
a. main characters
b. problem in the story
c. any message that the author wants the reader to know
d. what the story was about (beginning, middle, and end)
e. favorite part
When this happens, your student should bring back their book bag to the teacher. They will read one book to the teacher and if they are fluent (sound like a teacher) they will get more books to practice and read.
1. Practice 1-10 Addition and Subtraction Facts (use flashcards)
Flashcards OR worksheets
2. Practice 1-20 Addition and Subtraction Facts
3. Count outloud by 2's, 5's. and 10's
10,20,30,40... AND 2,12,22,32,42...
4. Count coins
5. Play Math games- any games that involve numbers, counting, dice... Uno, Yahtzee, Candyland, Chutes and Ladders, Phase 10, and MANY more!