The Kamiak HS Social Studies department would like to welcome you all back to school! These are challenging times we all find ourselves in, but such times also bring tremendous potential for innovation, creativity, and opportunity. Our social studies team is working hard to provide all our students with the following as recommended by the OSPI:
- All Social Studies teachers at Kamiak are currently using Google Classroom. Students should plan to check their Google Classrooms for all their social studies classes daily until a weekly schedule is posted. Contact individual teachers for class codes.
- Please make sure your student has a current email posted in Qumulative (parents need to do through the parent settings) so students can receive updates.
- To encourage student accountability, teachers will document student and parent contacts and interactions, both off and online.
- We’re working on a weekly plan and daily schedule so you know what to expect from your teacher and when to hear from them.
- We’re working on making contact with you via Qmlative, google classroom, or other means to help answer your questions.
- We’re working to continue teaching so that you can continue learning.
- While it won’t look the same as we’ve all become used to, we’re working to reach our students in ways that work the best for all of us.
- We are working to maintain grading and the integrity of student assessment and the work that students do. There will likely be an alternate grading system this spring.
We ask for your patience and support as we all try to navigate this new situation together!