Degrees and Certifications:
Dear Second Grade Families,
My name is Heather Craggs and I am so happy to be at Columbia Elementary and welcome your children to second grade!
This is my 30th year in the Mukilteo School District. I have taught kindergarten, first grade, high school, and now I am teaching second grade.
I grew up in Everett and am a graduate of Everett High School. I graduated from Western Washington University with a B.A. in Elementary Education, Special Education, and Psychology. After graduation, I taught kindergarten for 20 years at Olivia Park, Discovery, and Mukilteo Elementary Schools. I then went to our high schools and mentored new teachers.
I started my Master’s Degree at Oriel College and completed it at Lesley University in Curriculum and Instruction. I am thrilled to now call Columbia Elementary home!
- Both of my children, Miles and Maryevva graduated from Mukilteo Schools. Mary (Occidential, 2021) now lives and works in Spain and Miles (University of Washington, 2020) works at a civil engineering firm in Redmond.
- My husband teaches just down the road from Columbia at Harbour Pointe Middle School. Mr. Craggs teaches science..
- We have a dog named Cleo. She is a very good girl.
- I love gardening and growing veggies all year long!
- I love camping. We have a small trailer that we use to explore Washington!
I understand the importance of consistency in the classroom. I set clear expectations for all students, and hold my class to high standards, but always set realistic and attainable goals. I know the importance of collaborating with parents, and I welcome volunteers and visitors into my classroom. I am also happy to answer any questions you may have and am open to suggestions. Please feel free to contact me at any time. I look forward to working with all of you.