Student Services: Announcement!
Free meals are available this summer for ANY CHILD age 0-18!
Please order ahead, if possible, to help to ensure we prepare enough for everyone who needs one. Menus and the pre-order link can be found on the Nutrition Services webpage. The pre-order form closes each Monday at 2 p.m. this summer to allow 48 hours for kitchen staff to prepare that week’s meals. Please visit the link as early as Thursday morning for the following week’s meal kit reservation.
Families may pick up weekly meal kits at the following times and locations:
Wednesdays, June 23 through July 25
- Voyager Middle School: 12:30 to 2 p.m.
- Harbour Pointe Middle School: 12:30 to 2 p.m.
- Mobile route (Vantage Apartments): 10 to 11 a.m.
For summer school students, there will also be a limited number of grab and go lunches available for students enrolled in summer school to take home as they leave each day, July 6 through July 30.
The goal of the Student Services Department is to provide support to schools and families through initiatives, programs, activities and services designed to support student academic achievement and well being.
The Student Services Department oversees such activities as:
- Chronic Absenteeism/Truancy (BECCA/Attendance)
- Healthy Youth Survey
- Homeless: McKinney-Vento Act
- School Transfers (In-District and Out of District Transfer Requests)
- Student Directors to the School Board
- Student Discpline Hearings
- Student Harassment, Intimidation, Bullying (HIB)
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Summer School
In-District Transfer Requests
Each student in the district is required to attend the school designated for the geographic attendance area in which he or she resides.
A parent or guardian may request that his or her child be allowed to attend another school in the district. Transfer requests must be submitted, in writing, to the Director of Student Services.
Due to Covid-19 and safety precautions, we have moved In-District transfer requests to an online form. The district office will not be accepting hard copy forms. Forms can be found on the Students and Families Forms Page.