The goal of the Student Services Department is to provide support to schools and families through initiatives, programs, activities and services designed to support student academic achievement and well being.
The Student Services Department oversees such activities as:
- Chronic Absenteeism/Truancy (BECCA/Attendance)
- Healthy Youth Survey
- Homeless: McKinney-Vento Act
- School Transfers (In-District and Out of District Transfer Requests)
- Student Directors to the School Board
- Student Discpline Hearings
- Student Harassment, Intimidation, Bullying (HIB)
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Summer School
In-District Transfer Requests
Each student in the district is required to attend the school designated for the geographic attendance area in which he or she resides.
A parent or guardian may request that his or her child be allowed to attend another school in the district. Transfer requests must be submitted, in writing, to the Director of Student Services.
Due to Covid-19 and safety precautions, we have moved In-District transfer requests to an online form. The district office will not be accepting hard copy forms. Forms can be found on the Students and Families Forms Page.
Choice Transfer Requests
A Non-Resident Choice Transfer can be requested through the Washington State Choice Transfer Request Portal. Students are considered a non-resident student if they live outside the school district boundaries of which they would like to attend.