Students and families who are interested in attending ACES High School should plan to attend an Informational Night prior to their projected start date. This meeting will provide you with useful information that you can use to determine if ACES is a good educational option for you. Continue attending your home school until contacted directly by ACES High School staff regarding enrollment.
Students who are dedicated to graduating from high school and willing to put in the time and effort to make it happen should apply to ACES High School. Students should be willing to take academic risks and be open to doing something different to help themselves be successful. Students should be able and willing to follow reasonable requests, participate in school activities and respect the learning environment. ACES provides supports for students through a Focus class that meets daily and allows for students to complete homework while at school. We also have access to mental health counseling as well as a student support advocate that can connect students and families to outside resources.
Students enrolling at ACES High School must agree to attend school daily, make academic progress and follow all behavior expectations. Students will be asked to sign a Behavior Expectations Agreement as part of the orientation process. If a student chooses not to sign the agreement, a meeting will be held with the student, family and administration to discuss alternative educational options. Students who are successful at ACES High School thrive in an academic environment that values relationships, relevance and rigor. Students are asked to meet high expectations with the provision of supports for them to meet those expectations. Students are asked to contribute to an environment of learning and respect for themselves and others. If a student is not able to become a successful member of the ACES community, alternative options are available.
1. Steps for Enrollment (Attend an ACES High School Information Night)- New Calendar will be posted in August.
2. Complete an ACES High School Application (All parts of the application must be completed to be considered)
- Student Information
- Family Information Sheet
- Counselor/Administrator Recommendation
- Updated Transcript
- Copy of your 504/IEP if applicable
3. Completed Application (filled out online, turned into ACES office or at Information Night)
- Current Mariner or Kamiak students may complete at their school and have sent over or come directly to ACES High School to complete.
- Student are to continue attending their current school until contacted by ACES staff.
- New to district students may apply directly at ACES High School.
- Information is requested from previous school
4. Completed applications are reviewed by enrollment team
- Attendance, conduct, transcript, current grades, current schedule, time of year, graduation. year, current number of credits, etc. are all considered when reviewing applications.
- If there is no available space based on the students required classes, the student will be placed on a waiting list and contacted when space becomes available.
Applications must be complete to be considered. If there are more qualified applicants than available spaces, students will be put on a wait list and contactedwhen space is available. If a student has an IEP (Individual Education Plan), the IEP team will meet to review the IEP and determine if ACES High School is able to provide the necessary services. If your application is approved, you will attend an orientation class that will be held during your first day of school.
Any questions you have about the application process please contact Adam Brauch, Marji Leonard or Amy Montanye-Johnson at 425-366-3900