Diplomas for Veterans - 2412

Mukilteo School District
Instruction - Series 2000
Diplomas for Veterans - 2412

The District will issue high school diplomas to an honorably discharged member of the armed forces of the United States who was scheduled to graduate from high school, but who left high school before graduation to serve in World War II, the Korean Conflict or the Vietnam era.

To be eligible for a diploma the veteran or their representative must fill out the application form developed by the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI), and provide evidence of eligibility as specified by OSPI.

Veterans are eligible for the diploma even if they subsequently earned a high school equivalency certificate or are deceased.

Cross References:

Board Policy 2410 High School Graduation Requirements

Legal References:

RCW 28A.230.120 High school diplomas - Issuance - Option to receive final transcripts - Notice


Adoption Date: January 13, 2003
Revised: September 8, 2008