Enrollment - 3121

Mukilteo School District
Students - Series 3000
Enrollment - 3121

The Superintendent will develop procedures for enrolling students, recording attendance behavior and counseling and correcting students with attendance problems. When enrolling a student who has attended school in another school district, the parent and student will be required to briefly indicate in writing whether or not the student has:

  • Any history of placement in a special education program;
  • Any past, current or pending disciplinary actions;
  • Any history of violent behavior or convictions;
  • Adjudications or convictions described in RCW 13.04.155, which includes violent offenses, a sex offense, firearm or dangerous weapon offenses, and controlled substance offenses;
  • Any unpaid fines or fees from other schools; and
  • Any health conditions affecting the student’s educational needs.

The school enrolling the student will request the student's permanent record including records of disciplinary action, history of violent behavior or behavior listed in RCW 13.04.155, attendance records, immunization records, and academic performance from the school the student previously attended.

If the District receives information about adjudications or convictions described in RCW 13.04.155, then the District will follow the procedure described in Board Policy 3143 - Notification and Dissemination of Information about Student Offenses and Notification of Violence or Harm.

The District may require students or their parents to provide proof of residency within the District, such as copies of water bills or lease agreements. The District will not require proof of residency or any other information regarding an address for any student who is eligible by reason of age for the services of the District if the student does not have a legal residence. For students who meet the definition of homeless, the District will immediately enroll the student, including while any enrollment dispute is pending.

The District will not inquire into a student's citizenship or immigration status or that of their parents or guardians. The request for enrollment may be made by the student, parent or guardian.

The District will conditionally accept applications, including electronic applications, for enrollment and course registration for a student of a military family transferred to, or is pending transfer to, a military installation within the state.

Since accurate enrollment and attendance records are essential both to obtain State financial reimbursement and to fulfill the District's responsibilities under the attendance laws, staff will be diligent in maintaining such records.

Legal References:

RCW 28A.225.215 Enrollment of children without legal residences
RCW 28A.225.216 Children of Military Families-residency
RCW 28A.225.330 Enrolling Students from other districts -- Requests for information and permanent records
WAC 392-121-106 Definition -- Enrolled student
WAC 392-121-108 Enrollment exclusions
WAC 392-121-122 Definition-Full-time equivalent student
WAC 392-121-182 Alternative learning experience requirements
WAC 392-169-022 Running start student--definition


Adoption Date: June 8, 1998
Revised: February 19, 2019
Revised: January 11, 2021