Visitors - Procedures - 4311-P
The following guidelines are established to permit visitors to observe the educational program with minimal disruption:
- All visitors must register at the office upon their arrival at school.
- Visitors whose purpose is to influence or solicit students will not be permitted on the school grounds unless the visit furthers the educational program of the district.
- If the visitor wishes to observe a classroom, the time will be arranged after the principal has conferred with the teacher.
- If the purpose of the classroom visitation is to observe learning and teaching activities, the visitor may be required to confer with the teacher before or after the observation to enhance understanding of the activities.
- The principal may withhold approval if particular events such as testing would be adversely affected by a visit. Similarly, if a visitor's presence becomes disruptive, the principal may withdraw approval. In either case, the principal will give reasons for the action.
November 10, 1997