Revenues from the Federal Government - Procedures - 7230-P
Internal Controls - Title 1
The following controls are established for the Title 1 program:
- All Title 1 funded purchases and expenditures will be directly related to allowable Title 1 activities and services that are necessary to effectively carry out the objectives of the current program, and for the benefit of eligible participants;
- Title 1 purchases and expenditures will be restricted to those incurred by persons with direct Title 1 duties and responsibilities and/or which benefit only eligible Title 1 participants;
- Title 1 funded in-service training will be directly related to specific Title 1 program activities and provided as allowed by Title 1 rules and regulations; and
- Appropriate documentation of all Title 1 purchases and expenditures incurred will be maintained for accountability and audit purposes.
Parent Involvement - Title 1
Each school offering Title 1 programs will comply with federal and state requirements by providing for:
- Written parent notification of the selection of students for services;
- Accessibility to parents of specific instructional objectives for their children;
- Periodic student progress reports to parents;
- Accessibility of support materials to be utilized in the home when requested by parents;
- Parent participation in the instructional program on a volunteer basis; and
- Parent input and recommendations in program planning and modification.
January 12, 1998